WEEE and ROHS
The purpose of these directives is to control the disposal of waste from electrical and electronic equipment and restrict the use of certain hazardous substances in these products and to protect human health and the environment.
WEEE Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment.
The reduction of waste electrical and electronic equipment going to landfill sites
RoHS Restriction of use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment
The Specified Elements are as follows:
- Cadmium (Cd) 100ppm (0.01%)
- Lead (Pb) 1000ppm (0.1%)
- Mercury (Hg) 1000ppm (0.1%)
- Hexavolent Chromium (CrVI) 1000ppm (0.1%)
- Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBBs) 1000ppm (0.1%)
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDEs) Allowed PPM Level 1000ppm (0.1%)
It is our constant endeavour to comply with all directives relating to waste material, hazardous substances and the environment in general.
In this respect we work closely with our suppliers to ensure that we fully conform to WEEE and RoHS requirements.