Power over Ethernet (PoE) is the technology that carrys electrical power through cables, removing the need for additional power supplies or outlets. A PoE extender would allow you to extend the range of your Ethernet network devices with ease, saving money, space and install time. PoE Extenders also offer greater flexibility, reliability, improved safety measures, as well as a reduced risk of damaged equiptment and power outages.
PoE Extenders are perfect for any number of projects, and here at comms we have a wide variety to choose from! In particular, we have decided to highlight the D-Link DPE-302GE the two-port Gigabit PoE Extender and all the ways it could benefit you or your business.
The DPE-302GE 2-Port Gigabit PoE Extender allows a Gigabit Power-over-Ethernet connection to be extended up to 500 m. With several mounting options, the DPE-302GE allows PoE devices to be deployed virtually anywhere over longer distances, eliminating the need for a nearby power outlet and attached power supply.
- Long Range Power-over-Ethernet – The DPE-302GE offers a plug-and-play PoE solution, capable of transmitting up to 10 to 28 W of output power. It allows connection of up to two devices over a maximum distance of 500 m by daisy-chaining up to 4 units. With support for PoE/PoE+ and Gigabit speeds, the DPE-302GE is designed to be deployed in situations with high bandwidth requirements, over long distances.
- Long Range Power-over-Ethernet – The DPE-302GE is powered by consuming only a very small fraction of PoE power. Combined with three flexible methods of mounting (built-in magnet, screw anchors, and Velcro), the DPE-302GE can be deployed virtually anywhere. This PoE solution frees network devices from the restrictions of power availability by removing the need for a local power source. The DPE-302GE has built-in 4 kV surge protection and is also capable of operating in temperatures of up to 60 °C (140 °F), allowing it to be deployed in harsher environments.
- Gigabit Connectivity – The DPE-302GE 2-Port Gigabit PoE Extender intelligently communicates the maximum available current with a Powered Device (PD). This protection feature keeps the device safe from damage by preventing it from powering on in case there is not enough current. This safety feature can also automatically disable the port in the event of an electrical short circuit.
Extend your network
The DPE-302GE 2-Port Gigabit PoE Extender allows a Gigabit Power-over-Ethernet connection to be extended by up to 100 m per extender, to a massive maximum of 500 m in a daisy chain of extenders.
Connect huge spaces
Two ports in combination with more connected extenders enable you to bring power and data to security cameras, and monitoring and telecommunication systems, even across vast areas like university campus sites, large retail stores, libraries, airports and transportation tunnels.
Power to Devices
Because the DPE-302GE is powered by consuming a very small fraction of PoE power, you can extend the connection distance beyond 100 m as well as power devices without worrying about finding a nearby power outlet, giving you the freedom to design your network layout.
Ready to go
Combined with three flexible methods of mounting: a powerful built-in magnet with anti-slip rubber feet, supplied screw anchors, and included velcro, the DPE-302GE is ready to use straight out of the box and can be deployed virtually anywhere.
A discreet matte black design with jet black rims, air vents to regulate airflow, and 3 digital blue LED lights to indicate the connected power supply and show you exactly which direction your power and data flows.
• Plug-and-play with no software required
• Multiple mounting options for flexible placement
• Provides power over existing network cabling to remote PoE-capable devices
• Lightweight and compact
One PoE input port to dual output ports
• Three arrow LEDs to indicate the direction of the power and data flow
• Compliant with IEEE 802.3af (PoE) and IEEE 802.3at (PoE+)
• Compatible with all standard PoE devices
Regulates power output to avoid damaging the connected device
• Withstands operating temperatures of up to 60 °C
• Built-in 4 kV surge protection
• Deliver PoE (+) power over 10/100/1000 Mbps connections up to a 500 m1
• Connect and power Gigabit devices
• Auto-negotiation on Ethernet ports
• Full-rate network throughput
More PoE Extenders Available from Comms Express:
Axis PoE Extender | Veracity PoE & Injectors | D-Link PoE Extender/Injector | StarTech PoE Extender | Microchip Outdoor PoE
If you require any further information on these or any other products that we stock here at Comms Express, please do not hesitate to contact our team who will be only too happy to help.
Until next time…