Powerline Adapters are a great way of ensuring that a WiFi Network can reach every part of your house or office space without the need for cables running all over the place. Powerline Adapters optimise the use of electricity within a property to ensure that WiFi signals are transmitted efficiently.
Powerline adapters are relatively hassle-free. They are installed by simply plugging the first adapter near (and connecting) to your router or modem and then plugging the second adapter in the area that is suffering from a lack of WiFi Network (then connecting any devices to this adapter). It is possible to add as many adaptors to your house or office space as required, ensuring fast network speeds.
So if you need to increase your WiFi Network with a Powerline Adapter but are not sure where to start, here is our review of the seven best Powerline Adapters to point you in the right direction.
WiFi Powerline Extender
TP-LINK’s TL-WPA4220 extends your Internet connection to every room of the house through your home’s existing electrical circuitry. The TL-WPA4220 features a Wi-Fi Clone Button enabling Super Range Extension, which means it can automatically copy the SSID and Password of your router. In this way, TL-WPA4220 simplifies your Wi-Fi configuration and allows for seamless roaming within your home network.
- One Touch Super Range Extension – Wi-Fi Clone Button simplifies your Wi-Fi configuration and helps build a seamless unified home network
- HomePlug AV standard providing up to 500Mbps1 high-speed data transmission over a home’s existing electrical wiring, ideal for lag-free HD or 3D video streaming and online gaming
- Extend 300Mbps wireless connections to previously hard-to-reach areas of your home and office
2-Port Gigabit Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit
With advanced HomePlug AV2 MIMO, the TL-PA9020p delivers high speeds of up to 2000Mbps over powerline to provide superior network performance that supports all of your online needs. With a lag-free connection, you will never miss out again. The TL-PA9020P creates fast, high-performance wired connections that support all of your favourite devices, like 4K HDTV. Now you can plug in to enjoy an exclusive fast lane out of a crowded network without slowing down.
- HomePlug AV2 standard compliant, high-speed data transfer rates of up to 2000Mbps, supports all your online needs
- 2X2 MIMO with Beamforming establishes multiple simultaneous connections for you to enjoy higher powerline speeds and greater stability
- 2-gigabit ports create secure wired networks for desktops, smart TVs or games consoles
- Integrated power socket ensures no power outlet goes to waste
- Plug and play, no configuration required
- Power-Saving Mode automatically reduces power consumption by up to 85%
Gigabit Powerline ac Wi-Fi Kit
With fast wireless speeds, you do not have to worry about dropped connections or buffering, while you enjoy gaming with competitors from around the world, streaming HD movies with friends, video chatting with family, or sharing photos with all of your followers on social media.
- High-speed Internet with the freedom of Wi-Fi
- Farther and faster with HomePlug AV2
- Plug, pair, and play
PowerLine AV 500 Wireless N Mini Starter Kit
The DHP-W311AV PowerLine AV 500 Wireless N Starter Kit allows you to extend your existing home network to enjoy high-speed and reliable connectivity throughout your home. The PowerLine AV 500 Wireless N Mini Extender features both wireless and PowerLine. This allows you to benefit from PowerLine networking, compliant with the HomePlug AV standard that uses your existing home electrical wiring to extend your home network. The wireless ability allows you to increase the area in your home where you can use your wireless devices.
- Data transmission over electrical wiring
- Faster wireless speeds and wider operational range
- Ideal for bandwidth-intensive applications
- Convenient setup and secure operation
600Mbps Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit
TP-LINK’s 600Mbps Powerline Starter Kit, TL-PA4010 KIT turns your existing Powerline into a high-speed network with no need for wire or drilling. No conjuration required, simply plug your adapters into your power sockets and you can establish networking infrastructure in a flash. With a speed of up to 600 Mbps, TL-PA4010 KIT is a suitable choice for an easy to build multimedia entertainment network.
- Large family home
- Hard-to-wire areas
- Online gaming
- HD video streaming
Extend Your Wired Network at 1000 Mbps Speeds
- Powerful speed
- Perfect for connecting smart TVs, streaming players and game consoles
- Ideal for HD streaming and lag-free gaming
- Pick-a-plug LED for high performance
- Sets up in minutes, no need to install software
- Secures the network connection with the touch of a button
- Energy saving – powers down when not connected
So there we have it. Hopefully, this post answers any questions you may have had regarding Powerline Adapters. If you have further questions or need assistance in any way, please get in touch with our team