Wireless Access Points (WAP) allows wireless capable devices and wired networks to connect through a wireless standard, including WiFi or Bluetooth. WAP feature radio transmitters and antennae which emit wireless signals to which devices can connect. WAPs are also known as hotspots.
Wireless Access Points are very different from Wireless Range Extenders. WAPs allow your wireless to be transferred through a wire via a cable, plugged into an Ethernet port at each end. A range extender will boost existing signals in the air to make the signal stronger.
WAPs connect to the router via an Ethernet cable and are often powered by Power over Ethernet (PoE). They are usually deployed in areas where the router WiFi struggles to reach. For example, your front desk is struggling to access WiFi but a router is not within range. An access point can be installed near the front desk and an Ethernet cable connects it to the network. The wireless signal strength around the front desk will be much stronger.
Need an access point for your business? We have a handy top ten countdown for you.
The Netgear AC WiFi Business Access Point WAC510 delivers high-performance WiFi with high client density. This Wireless Access Point is perfect for enterprises that require reliable wireless for all business applications. The WAC510 is managed by Netgear Insight app, which can be accessed on mobile devices and computers.
- Manage the access point with the NETGEAR Insight mobile app
- Perfect for small to mid-size offices
- Easy to set up
- Reliable high performance when handling a high number of users
- Business class with superior 802.11ac performance (up to 1.2Gbps)
- 2×2 (transmit x receive) with 2 streams of data for 2.4GHz (300Mbps) and 5GHz (900 Mbps) of reliable data delivery
- Multi-User Multiple In Multiple Out (MU-MIMO) enabling maximum client density deployments with no interference
- Operate in router or access point modes for flexibility in deployment options
- Powered by PoE or DC power inputs (PoE switch and AC/DC power sold separately)
- Gigabit port for single wired connection to switch for easy installation
- Compact and elegant design stylishly blends into the environment
- Lifetime limited warranty, lifetime chat support and 24×7 Support where available
Aruba is fabulous for enterprise companies. When it comes to Wi-Fi management, Aruba gives you the flexibility to choose. You can use an Instant access point or a controller to manage an entire cluster of access points. Or you can manage them with a cloud-based or an on-site network management platform. The Aruba range has a whole host of switches to integrate with your WAP for ease-of-access and peace of mind. The entry-level Aruba 300 Series Wave 2 access points deliver high performance and superb user experience for medium density environments. Featuring 3×3:3SS MU-MIMO capability, Aruba advanced ClientMatch radio management, and integrated Aruba Beacons, the 300 Series enables an all-wireless digital work environment in a cost-effective manner.
- Dual Radio 802.11ac Access Point with Multi-User MIMO
- A maximum concurrent data rate of 1,300 Mbps in the 5GHz band and 400 Mbps in the 2.4GHz band (for an aggregate peak data rate of 1.7Gbps).
- The Aruba 300 Series Access Points deliver high performance and superb user experience for medium density environments.
- Mounts on ceiling or wall
Netgear the WAC104 dual-band 802.11ac Wireless Access Point has been purposely designed for small business and home office deployments. This WAP delivers high performances and supports dual-band concurrent operations. The WAC104 provides ease of use in standalone access point mode.
- Easy to Configure
- High performance and superior coverage
- Comprehensive security
- Interoperate with both new and legacy clients
- Supports dual-band concurrent operation at 2.4GHz and 5GH
- Combined throughput of 1.2Gbps (300Mbps at 2.4GHz and 867Mbps at 5GHz)
Both business and home users can easily utilise and enjoy high-bandwidth applications wirelessly. The VigorAP 810 is a Wireless Access Point (AP) with MIMO technology and Power over Ethernet (PoE) support. Moreover, you would have an easy AP installation no matter where the power plug is.
- PoE for easy installation
- WMM for WiFi application prioritisation
- SSID + 2 VLAN groups for workplace security & parental control
- Comprehensive WLAN security control
- WDS for unlimited coverage extension
- Embedded USB printer server
- TR-069-supported VigorAP810 can work with TR-069 VigorACS SI Central Management
VigorAP 903 is a high-performance Mesh Wireless solution, designed to expand the wireless coverage, eliminate Wi-Fi dead zones and significantly reduce the cost of network deployments. It can also be used as a traditional access point either managed or stand alone so has the flexibility to be used how you need it.
The VigorAP 903 is a dual-band 802.11ac Wave 2 Mesh Wireless solution, designed to eliminate wireless drop outs, stuttering videos, slow download speeds, poor signal and Wi-Fi dead zones. One access point acts as the controller (Mesh root) and in total up to 8 access points create an easy to manage wireless mesh. Extend coverage without running expensive cabling.
- Mesh – Access points connect to each other. Eliminates ethernet cabling.
- Self-Healing – In case of a mesh node failure, the surrounding nodes automatically re-connect and resume service without downtime
- Wireless Optimisation -Band steering: steers wireless clients to the faster 5Ghz band. Airtime Fairness: improves time management between wireless clients.AP Assisted Roaming: makes sure the devices are always connecting to the best AP.
- Plug-n-Play – Automatically configure new wireless access points into the network.
- Self-Optimisation – Nodes identify the best next hop and connect with it automatically.
- 802.11ac Wave2 – High performance AC1300 class access point. Improving transfer speeds and efficiency with Multi-User Mimo
Meraki Go is designed specifically for small and medium-sized businesses. The Meraki Go app allows you to easily allow staff, guests and point-of-sale devices to share a single internet connection. You can easily block websites to protect your network. You can limit application use to protect your bandwidth from data-hungry applications. Meraki Go can also help you prioritise business-critical applications which keep your business ticking.
- 2 x 2 multiple inputs, multiple output (MIMO) with two spatial streams
- Security updates, tech support and warranty provided through a required subscription
- Meraki Go smartphone app for setup, alerts and analytics
- Easily create up to 4 WiFi networks
- Set usage limits on applications, websites or devices
- Block websites
- Ability to power through PoE or power cable
Omada access points provide a business-class wireless network solution that’s flexible, manageable, secure, and easy-to-deploy. The free Omada Controller software allows users to manage hundreds of EAPs at multiple sites, all from a single location. It’s easy to control, adjust and visualise the entire network from any connected PC. Omada EAPs also feature captive portal and advanced RF management functions. This makes them ideal for demanding, high-traffic environments such as campuses, hotels, shopping centres and offices.
- Simultaneous 450Mbps on 2.4GHz and 867Mbps on 5GHz totals 1350Mbps WiFi speeds
- Free Omada Controller Software lets administrators easily manage hundreds of EAPs
- Compatible with 802.3af and Passive PoE support
- Captive portal provides a convenient method for guest authentication
- Band Steering Automatically moves dual-band devices onto the wider 5GHz band for faster connections
- MU-MIMO means access points simultaneously transfer data with multiple wireless devices, speeding up connections
- Beamforming concentrates signal towards where you need it most, providing a fast and stable WiFi experience
- Supports management VLAN for an enhanced network management
- Schedules can be set so access points automatically reboot and WiFi turns on/off at the times you choose
Ideal for long-range deployments, the UniFi AC LR AP offers simultaneous, dual-band operation with 3×3 MIMO in the 2.4 GHz band and 2×2 MIMO in the 5 GHz band. The innovative antenna design provides a long-range, symmetrical-link coverage area, and the antenna gain of the UniFi AC LR AP performs better than one-way, high transmit power does for connecting distant clients.
Range of 183mt (600ft)
2.4GHz throughput of 450Mbps
5GHz throughput of 867Mbps
1 Gigabit Ethernet Port
WiFi 6, Wait No More
The NWA110AX is truly the next generation of wireless (WiFi 6) AP for businesses looking for a most economical upgrade path to 11ax. Its built-in 2nd Generation WiFi 6 (Qualcomm 802.11ax 2.0) chipset allows the access point to take advantage of the full range of WiFi 6 technologies including uplink OFDMA and MU-MIMO which can’t be found in earlier releases of 802.11ax products.
- Dual-radio (dual 2×2 MIMO) 802.11ax (WiFi 6) access point that provides a maximum data rate of 1775 Mbps.
- OFDMA is arguably the best innovation of WiFi, delivering high performance and low latency for all scenarios.
- NebulaFlex allows users to switch between standalone or intuitive Nebula cloud managed modes as needed.
- Advanced Cellular Coexistence minimises interferences from 4G/5G cellular networks.
- The latest WPA3 security protocol provides safer connectivity.
The UniFi AC Lite AP features the latest WiFi 802.11ac technology in refined industrial design. It is ideal for cost-effective deployment of high-performance wireless networks. These Access points display fantastic WiFi power while looking pretty enough to have on display.
- Scaleable WiFi management
- Dual radio performance
- Sleek, ultra-compact design
- Optimal RF Performance