In keeping with our review blogs, we are focusing on the top five uninterruptible power supply units from our good friends at APC. All are covered by the excellent APC two year warranties, and of course, all are competitively priced and complete with Comms Express Data Points.
For any business reliant on hardware or electricity supply for the success of their business investing in an Uninterruptible Power Supply is essential. An Uninterruptible Power Supply allows for an emergency back-up power source in the event of the mains supply either failing or dropping. The financial repercussions due to a loss in the electricity supply or hardware failure can potentially be massive, but by investing in a UPS that kicks in immediately can prevent any damaging loss of data.
As we always do when it comes to ‘Time is money’. Thankfully our friends at APC are at the forefront of uninterruptible power supply units.
Here is the top 5 countdown:
The Back-UPS 950 and 1400 from APC by Schneider Electric power your computer and electronic equipment during storms and outages.
- LED Indicator and Audible Alarms – Quickly understand the unit and power status through visual and audible indicators.
- Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) – “Double Boost and Single Trim” AVR instantly corrects voltage fluctuations without using the battery, allowing you to work indefinitely through sustained voltage increases and decreases.
- 6 Battery Backup and Surge Protected Sockets – Keep critical electronic equipment running when the power goes out or fluctuates at dangerous levels, so you can protect your work and save your data.
APC Smart-UPS SC is the perfect protection for the IT resources of your growing business.
- Front-access servicing – Simplifies installation and UPS maintenance while minimising space requirements
- Rack/Tower convertible – Protects the initial investment in the UPS when migrating from tower to rack-mount environment
- Multiple mounting methods – Allows for standardisation on one product for use in different environments
The Back-UPS 500 by APC protects your electronic equipment from damage due to power outages, surges and spikes while providing short term battery power during an outage.
- Three battery backup and surge protected IEC Sockets – Keep critical electronic equipment running when the power goes out or fluctuates at dangerous levels, so you can protect your work and save your data.
- Push Button Circuit Breaker – Provides for easy recovery from circuit overloads and protects your fuse box and electronics from electrical damage.
- Automatic Diagnostic Testing – Periodic battery self-test provides early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced, ensuring your unit is ready when you need it.
The Back-UPS ES offers the best value for protecting your home and home office computer systems.
Completely redesigned to use less power during normal operation, the Back-UPS ES provides enough backup power for you to work through short and medium length power outages.
- Battery-protected and surge-only outlets – Reserves power capacity and run time for connected equipment that requires UPS battery back-up while providing surge only protection for less critical equipment
- Resettable circuit breaker – Easy recovery from overloads; no need to replace a fuse
- User-replaceable batteries – Increases availability by allowing a trained user to perform upgrades and replacements of the batteries reducing Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
PC Back-UPS essential series provides battery backup and surge protection ideal for your home and home office. When power is interrupted or fluctuates outside expected levels, APC by Schneider Electric’s Back-UPS instantly provides clean battery power to your sensitive electronics. With 8 total outlets and increased power capabilities, APC Back-UPS allows you to protect more, longer.
- Power capacity – 400W/650VA, 520W/850VA
- More outlets – 8 total outlets: 6 battery backup with surge protection and 2 surge protection only
- Fast speed charging (Type C for BE850G2-UK) – USB Type C & A for smartphones and tablets
- Dataline surge protection – Safeguards your equipment and valuable files from “back door” surges travelling along data lines
- LED indicators – Provide quick and easy to understand information on remaining runtime
- Mute button – Simple silencing of the battery backup alarms
- Powerchute – personal edition – Easy-to-use auto-shutdown software with power and energy management features
- User-replaceable battery – Allows you to quickly replace the battery
- 3-year-warranty – Three-year limited warranty with a lifetime Equipment Protection Policy up to £50,000