Travelling and staying connected can be a bit of a pain.
Paying a small fortune for train, airport or hotel wifi is bad enough, but usually, it’s slow and restricted.
What if there was another way?
Enter D-Link’s Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspots!
A mobile WiFi hotspot is a portable palm-sized gadget, which once you insert a SIM card you are granted internet access via your own private internet connection. Using your own SIM affords you the lowest data rates, particularly when you travel internationally and of course no need for any further contracts.
- Connect your high-speed mobile broadband connection to multiple Wi-Fi devices such as smartphones, tablets and notebook computers.
- A built-in firewall protects against attacks over the Internet, and industry-standard WPA/WPA2 security prevents unauthorised access to your network.
- Small enough to fit in your pocket with a high-capacity rechargeable battery, lets you work and play for longer on the go.
Let’s take a look at a couple of D-Link mobile Hotspots
The DWR-932 4G/LTE Mobile Router is a 4G/LTE Cat4 high-speed broadband Wi-Fi mobile hotspot. The DWR-932 uses a 4G Internet connection to give you a simple and fast Wi-Fi network anywhere you need. Instead of limiting your mobile Internet connection to a single device through a USB dongle, the DWR-932 allows you to create a Wi-Fi hotspot to share your Internet connection with multiple devices. The portable size and battery powered enabled you to share your connection anywhere. Share a single mobile Internet connection with your friends or colleagues to send and receive e-mail, surf the Internet or make VoIP calls, on multiple devices, all at the same time.
The Portable HSPA+ 21 Mbps Router (DWR-730) allows you to connect your notebook, tablet and smartphone to the Internet from anywhere there is a 3G connection and share this connection with other users wirelessly. This router is ideal for people that need a portable solution, for example, remote workers or people that are moving house and need a temporary Internet connection.
With both of these products, they may not seem like much…but they pack multiple benefits in the real world.
- Offers instant WiFi access to devices that can’t utilise a mobile data connection – mobile WiFi creates that wireless network.
- Through mobile WiFi you can potentially save money (up ro roughly £100!) compared to buying a data SIM with your tablet.
- Avoid having to use the hotel/airport WiFi (that is potentially slow and infuriating) that you tend to pay for – maximising signal strength and connection quality.
- Turns your 3G device in to an instant 4G hungry device.
- Fast download speeds.
So as you can see mobile broadband devices, mi-fi, portable hotspots, dongles – whatever you call them, they’re great for getting online from just about anywhere; grab yourself one!