Climate change is real. It is happening right now. Now, more than ever, we are doing everything we can to reduce, reuse and recycle. At Comms Express, we have been making conscious changes to work towards a sustainable future for our business and are pleased to announce that we have been ISO 14001 Certified.
ISO 14001 is an environmental certification that helps organisations minimize how their operations negatively affect the environment. The aim is for continual improvement. By becoming certified, businesses commit to meet and improve upon legislation and regulatory environmental requirements. Striving for continual improvement, we have committed to lessening our environmental impact. The aim is less: less waste, less pollution and less energy usage.
What are our environmental goals?
- We endeavour to meet or improve upon legislation and regulatory environmental requirements and codes of practice.
- We will strive to continue to be regarded as a good and trusted neighbour, demonstrating environmental care in the communities in which we operate.
- We are developing and refining our environmental management system with to continuously improve our environmental performance.
- We will continue to promote the purchase and use of materials within our business in a manner that minimises potential adverse environmental effects.
- We work with local councils/structures to ensure that all waste materials are disposed of in an environmentally friendly way. For example, by recycling or composting all recyclable materials to the best of our ability.
- We will continue to recycle as much as possible ourselves including general mixed recycling, paper and cardboard, inkjet and toner cartridges, and scrapping cables and batteries at our local scrap dealers.
- We strive to further develop and implement environmental audits of our activities and facilities, implementing recommendations as required.
What are we doing at Comms Express?
Below are just a few examples of the many ways we are continuously improving our practices:
- Reusing cardboard boxes and packaging, saving over 0.5 tonnes of virgin cardboard so far.
- Significantly reducing our paper use which is now less than 5% of our previous usage.
- Using energy-efficient alternatives throughout our offices.
- Ensuring that a very high percentage of all our waste streams are recycled responsibly.
- Monitoring and restricting the use of hazardous chemicals throughout our supply chain.
- Switching away from plastic packaging products to recycled or bio-gradable products.
- Switching to environmentally friendly cleaning products
Show now at Comms Express to help us work towards a better future.