Known for its quality, innovation and industry leading service and support, APC has perhaps the longest list of accolades in its industry. APC is working diligently to achieve its corporate mission by improving the manageability, availability and performance of information and communication systems through the rapid delivery of innovative solutions to real customer problems.
As a global leader in critical power and cooling services, provides industry leading product, software and systems for home, office, data centre and factory floor applications.
Here we feature a snapshot of our bestselling APC products.
APC UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply)
Uninterruptible Power Supply (240W/400VA)
The Back-UPS ES offers the best value for protecting your home and home office computer systems. Completely redesigned to use less power during normal operation, and provides enough backup power for you to work through short and medium length power outages.
- Battery-protected and surge-only outlets – Reserves power capacity and run time for connected equipment that require UPS battery back-up while providing surge only protection for less critical equipment
- Resettable circuit breaker – Easy recovery from overloads; no need to replace a fuse
- User-replaceable batteries – Increases availability by allowing a trained user to perform upgrades and replacements of the batteries reducing Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- Audible alarms – Provides notification of changing utility power and UPS power conditions
- Automatic self-test – Periodic battery self-test ensures early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced
- Battery failure notification – Provides early-warning fault analysis on batteries enabling timely preventive maintenance
- Safety-agency approved – Ensures the product has been tested and approved to work safely with the connected service provider equipment and within the specified environment
Uninterruptible Power Supply (185W/325VA)
The Back-UPS 325-UK provides enough battery backup power so you can work through short length power outages. It also safeguards your equipment against damaging surges and spikes that travel along utility and phone lines. Protection for your system. Peace of mind for you.
- LED Indicator and Audible Alarms – Quickly understand the unit and power status through visual and audible indicators
- 4 x battery backup and surge protected British sockets
- 2 battery backup and surge protection – Keep critical electronic equipment running when the power goes out or fluctuates at dangerous levels, so you can protect your work and save your data.
- 2 surge protection only – Protect your secondary electronics from harmful surges and spikes without reducing battery capacity used to run primary electronics during power outages
- Telephone Data Line Surge Protection – Guards against damaging surges and spikes traveling over an analogue phone line
- Push Button Circuit Breaker – Provides for easy recovery from circuit overloads and protects your fuse box and electronics from electrical damage
- Automatic Diagnostic Testing – Periodic battery self-test ensures early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced.
- 2 Year Warranty – APC offers a 2 year warranty with free technical phone and online support, providing customer peace of mind.
VDSL/ADSL Router/Firewall & 5 Port Gigabit Switch with 802.11ac Wireless LAN
This award winning Rackmountable UPS is an affordable true sine-wave in the Smart-UPS family. Designed for entry level servers and network equipment, it is compatible with today’s active power factor corrected (PFC) power supplies.
- First of its kind – The APC SmartConnect feature makes Connected Smart-UPS the first cloud enabled UPS for distributed IT
- Advice from the experts – Connected Smart-UPS routinely provides proactive UPS lifecycle recommendations, helping maximise the lifespan of your APC UPS
- Accessibility – The APC SmartConnect web portal is accessible from any internet connected device. You’ll be able to check on your IT equipment on site or on the go
- Enabled as a standard – APC SmartConnect will be automatically included on select Smart-UPS models; making it the perfect solution for price-conscious professionals in need of power security.
- Seamless integration – Easily integrate with leading remote monitoring and management solutions, so you can manage customer portfolios in a single platform.
Smart-UPS 3000VA with Network Card (2700W/3000VA)
Part of the award-winning Smart-UPS family, this 2U rackmount UPS can be trusted to protect critical data and equipment from power problems, and supplies clean and reliable network-grade power. In addition to legendary reliability and manageability.
- Alphanumeric LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) – Intuitive interface provides detailed and accurate information with the ability to configure locally.
- Communication Ports – Serial, USB, and SmartSlot™ for accessory cards
- 8 IEC320 C13 and 1x IEC320 C19 Outlets
- Emergency Power Off (EPO) – Provides for remote UPS shut-off in the event of a fire or other emergency
- Push Button Circuit Breaker – enables quick recovery from overloads.
- Network-Grade Power – Provides most stable power conditions by filtering noise, automatic voltage regulation (AVR), and surge protection.
- High Efficiency Green Mode – Saves utility costs and reduces heat promoting longer component life.
- Advanced Battery Management – Temperature-compensated charging extends life and advanced algorithms recommend replacement date.
Rack PDU, Switched, 1U, 12A/208V, 10A/230V, (8)C13
Provides real-time remote monitoring of connected loads. User-defined alarms warn of potential circuit overloads. Full control over outlets through remote commands and user interface settings. Terminator installed in the display In or Out port. Manage the PDU through its web interface (UI), command line interface (CLI), StruxureWare, or Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
- Rack-Mountable – Includes horizontal, vertical, and toolless-mount varieties
- Single input power source – Supply power from one branch whip to multiple pieces of equipment, conveniently powering rack-mount equipment
- Wide range of input and output connections – Product family includes a variety of input and output connections to distribute 120V, 208V, or 230V power to multiple outlets
- Alarm Thresholds – Define alarm thresholds in order to avoid overloaded circuits.
- Network Management Capabilities – Full-featured network management interfaces that provide standards-based management via Web, SNMP, and Telnet. Allows users to access, configure, and manage rack PDUs from remote locations to save valuable time.
- Remote Individual Outlet Control – Remotely manage outlets so users can turn outlets off that are not in use (prevent overloads) or recycle power to locked-up equipment (minimize costly downtime and avoid travel time to equipment)
- Local Current Monitoring Display – The aggregate current draw per rack PDU is displayed on the unit via a digital display
- Power Delays – Allows users to configure the sequence in which power is turned on or off for each outlet
- Load indicator LED – Indicates overload and warning conditions based on the user-defined alarm thresholds
- Flash Upgradeable – Quickly and easily upgrade firmware via network download for future product enhancements
- Integrates with StruxureWare Data Center Expert – An IT-ready, scalable access monitoring system that collects, organizes, and distributes critical alerts, surveillance video and key information, providing a unified view of complex physical infrastructure environments from anywhere on the network
Switched Rack PDU 2G, 32A, 230V, (21)C13 & (3)C19
power capacity and functionality for critical network, server, and data centre equipment more effectively. Includes active power metering and remote alarming with volts, amps, real power (kW), and energy (kWh) measurements. Comes with 21x IEC-C13, 3x C19 outlets and 1x IEC 309 32A input.
- User Interface display for local access
- Environmental monitoring port for external temperature/humidity probe
- Local USB port for flash firmware updates and downloading data/event logs (not to be used as serial port)
- CAN In/Out ports for network port sharing
- 21 x IEC320 C13 & 3 x IEC320 C19 Outlets
- 3 metre power cord terminates with an IEC309 32A input connector
If you require any further information on these or any other APC products that we stock, please do not hesitate to contact our team who will be only too happy to help.
Until next time…