Whole Home WiFi – a home devoid of any dead spots.
It’s the ultimate dream to extend WiFi throughout the house.
So how do you go about improving your home WiFi?
Let’s look at some of the opportunities afforded us.
What is Whole Home WiFi?
Whole-Home WiFi, or Mesh Router, consists of the main router, and a series of satellite nodes.
The main router acts like a traditional router. will connect directly into your modem via an ethernet port and cable. The satellite nodes wirelessly connect to the main router.
These nodes can be placed around your house for full WiFi coverage, as part of a single wireless network.
How Does Whole Home WiFi work?
The nodes create one network, giving you a seamless connection as you roam around your home.
The main router will act as the focal access point, which broadcasts WiFi to your devices and the other satellite nodes. This expands the range of the network by rebroadcasting the network to a larger area.
Unlike existing range extenders which expand WiFi coverage by creating separate extended networks, mesh systems use a single unified wireless network.
Why do you need Whole Home WiFi?
Mesh WiFi helps you have a large home or if your existing set up has trouble working. If your property has extra thick walls or multiple floors and rooms, then Whole Home WiFi will be the answer.
If you have a smaller property but suffer from weak signal or signals frequently dropping out, Whole Home Mesh Network will help.
There are also many additional attributes for installing a Whole Home WiFi. Many come with ways to help manage your network and the devices connected to it. Many learn to optimise connection to provide the perfect connection across all devices. Also, there’s increased security for your loved ones.
Whole Home WiFi and Smart Homes
The Internet of Things is becoming a bigger deal. Suddenly everything can connect to the internet. Fridges, TVs, smart speakers and more are becoming commonplace.
This means more strain on your WiFi signal.
If you have a lot of devices fighting for signal, then your internet will be slower.
Whole Home WiFi helps redress the balance. It keeps your smart home online and more consistent.
Whole Home WiFi Additional Extras
Whole-Home WiFi isn’t all these routers do. As they are designed with family homes in mind, they come with some brilliant extras which help protect your home network and family
Most Home WiFi systems come with inbuilt parental controls. Usually, this gives the parents the options to set “internet off” times, so the internet turns off at bedtime.
Most Whole Home WiFi systems can turn the internet off for specific users so that the parents can still use the web while the kids are sleeping.
Some Whole Home WiFi systems also allow you to block certain websites which may be deemed inappropriate.
Another neat feature is Guest networks. This allows you to set up a separate network for visitors. This will give them access to the internet, but not your printers, computers or Network Attached Storage drives which may be connected to the main network.
It also helps restrict bandwidth. So if your visitors are downloading large files, it won’t affect the main connection.
The Best Whole Home/Mesh WiFi System
The Netgear Orbi delivers Whole Home WiFi the way it should be — fast, reliable WiFi without dead zones and lag. Easy to set up and use, stream with superfast speeds on all your devices.
• Guest Network
• Smart Parental Controls
• Stream and play faster with up to 3 Gbps combined WiFi speeds.
• Netgear Armour – Anti-Virus and data theft protection for all your smartphones and computers.
• Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
WiFi without boundaries ‐Zyxel Multy eliminates the frustration by providing a robust wireless network with more extensive coverage and stronger signal strength.
• Cooling design prevents overheating
• Dedicated 5 GHz connection between nodes
• Daisy-chain with additional Multy X nodes for a larger area connection
• Compatible with Alexa in English and German
• Coverage up to 7500 sq. ft./696 m2
Covr from D‐Link blankets every square inch of your home with high‐speed, seamless, reliable WiFi.
• Smart Steering automatically directs your devices to the optimal wireless band
• Two Covr Points for more coverage
• Smart Roaming seamlessly connects you to the strongest signal as you move from room to room
• Tri-band AC2200 mesh WiFi. Combined WiFi speeds of 2.2Gbps
• Up to 550 sqm of WiFi coverage
Gryphon is a superfast WiFi mesh router with a smartphone app that makes it easy to manage your kid’s internet time and block inappropriate content.
• Smart Parental Controls – Content filtering, view browsing history, hometime time and bedtime management, safe search.
• Basic network protection with firewall and WiFi security
• AI intrusion detection, malware and ransomware detection
• 3Gbps speeds and Tri-Band Radio
• Up to 3000 sq.ft of coverage
Velop’s modular system is designed to fit the needs of any home, making it easy to create your perfect Mesh WiFi system
• Enjoy flawless WiFi with all internet service provider supplied equipment and speeds
• Velop self-heals and optimises to consistently deliver fast and flawless Whole Home WiFi
• Automatic software updates keep your system up-to-date and secure
• Sets up in minutes with the Linksys App, simply place nodes around your home, name your network and choose a password
• Easily block content for safety and pause the internet for family time
Deco Whole Home WiFi from TP‐Link is the simplest way to guarantee a strong WiFi signal for an army of devices in every corner of your home.
Deco uses a system of units to achieve seamless whole-home WiFi coverage – eliminate weak signal areas once and for all!
• Up to 4500 square feet with speeds of up to 2134Mbps, which is ideal for your gigabit fibre.
• Deco M9 Plus acts as a hub for your smart home devices.
• Provides lag-free WiFi connections for over 100 devices.
• TP-Link HomeCareTM provides a suite of personalised and security features, including Parental Controls, built-in Antivirus and Quality of Service (QoS).
• Setup is easier than ever with the Deco app there to walk you through every step.
So hopefully we have given you a little insight into Whole Home Mesh WiFi.
Purchasing anything new can be daunting. If you wish to blanket your whole home in robust wireless coverage, be sure and contact us. Our friendly customer service team will be happy to guide you through our options.