Cable Testing you Trust. Network Testing you Need. Now with Enhanced Network Testing.
The LinkIQ Cable and Network tester provides trusted cable testing, can verify performance up to 10 Gb/s, and solve network connectivity problems. LinkIQ validates cable performance through frequency-based measurements and then uses a wire map of the cable under test to provide distance to fault information. Ping tests are also performed to verify the connectivity and identify key network issues and validate switch configuration.
24 Port Gigabit Switch
The LinkIQ™ Network & Cable Tester is designed to provide trusted cable testing along with network testing professionals need to do their jobs. LinkIQ™ validates cable performance (up to 10 Gig) using frequency-based measurements and provides distance to fault information along with a wire map of the cable under test.
The LinkIQ™ also performs nearest switch diagnostics to identify key network issues and validate switch configuration eliminating the need of using another device. Additional features include, Analog and Digital Toning, Port Blink, Remote Office Locators, and the ability to manage results via LinkWare™ PC.
- Measure network capacity up to 10 Gig via frequency based measurements
- Troubleshoot active networks by providing connected switch information (Switch Name, Port Number, and VLAN info)
- Install and troubleshoot PoE devices via Switch Negotiation and PoE Load test
- Graphical wiremap and length test to identify common faults that occur with cabling installation
- Document work through LinkWare™ PC reporting
- Supports Industrial Ethernet (EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, EtherCAT, and others)
- Industrial Ethernet Kit supports Industrial Connectors (M8D, M12D, M12X)
LinkIQ enables you to:
- Find maximum cabling speed (Up to 10 Gb/s).
- Install and troubleshoot PoE devices via Switch Negotiation and PoE Load Test. Ethernet Alliance PoE Certified for reliable multivendor interoperability.
- Discover connected switch information (Switch Name, IP address, Port Number, MAC Address, and VLAN)
- Test connectivity to TCP/IP network through IP configuration and ping
- Verify Gateway and DNS server responsiveness and availability
- Document your work through LinkWare™ PC
Cable Testing You Trust
The LinkIQ can measure lengths up to 1000 feet (305m) and provide the distance to faults like opens, shorts and unterminated cable. Miswired and split pairs can be identified using the remote ID and a complete wire map of the cable pairs. The primary feature is the cable performance test which qualifies the cabling bandwidth from 10BASE-T to 10GBASE-T (10 Mb/s up to 10 Gb/s) through frequency-based measurements. IEEE-standards-based measurements ensure that tested links meet the performance requirements, as opposed to transmission testers which only prove test devices can communicate.
Network Testing You Need
LinkIQ also provides detailed information on the nearest connected switch and uses IP ping to test connectivity. LinkIQ will then talk to the switch to identify the advertised data rate, half/full duplex identification, the switch name and IP addres, port number, and VLAN information.
The ping test is used to verify connectivity to devices on the local network or internet. The address for the LinkIQ can be set up manually or through DHCP. After it is set up, the ping test will run as part of an autotest if a switch is detecte. Results of the test will include identification and response time of each of four pings to the target, the DNS server and gateway.
In-Depth PoE Testing
Whilst Power over Ethernet (PoE) makes the installation of devices like security cameras and access points easier, many installers, integrators and end users experiened difficulties in inregrating PoE systems. LinkIQ displays the pairs where power is provided to help simplify the PoE installation process. It will also place a load on the connection to ensure the advertised power is actually being delivered by the switch across the infrastructure.
With the ability to store up to 1,000 results with descriptive names and recalled, LinkIQ will proide complete documentation abilities for every test it performs. Test names and numbers are automatically generated while saving to save you time as you go.
Modern Design and Interface
The LinkIQ has been designed with a large gesture-based touchscreen to make it easy to display information and easy to control with simple controls. Whilst it can perform a multitude of tests, the user interface is simplified to a single TEST function to make it incredibly easy to use. The results displayed will be based solely by what is connected to the unit’s RJ-45 connector. Software updates, reporting and charging the unit can all be achieved through connecting the unit to a computer. Having been tested in an environemntal lab, the LinkIQ has been tested to ensure its durability.
- Language support for English, German, French, Japanese, Thai, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Russian, Italian, Portuguese
- Generates Analog or Digital tones compatible with the IntelliTone™ Probe or Pro3000™ to assist in locating cables in a wall or telecommunications room
- Blink Port light on switch to help identify the connected switch port
- Compatible with MicroScanner™ PoE Remote Identifiers for Ethernet outlet identification
- Touch Sensitive gesture-based display
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery
- Easy Feature and Network Testing Upgrades via USB-C via LinkWare™ PC
- Charging via standard USB-C port
- Cable Performance testing up to l0GBASE-T via frequencybased measurements
- Network features including: IP v4 and v6 Ping, Nearest Switch Diagnostics (IP address,name, port/ VLAN number and advertised data rates).
- Ethernet Alliance Certified PoE Verification – Detects the PoE class (1-8) and power, and performs a load test of available PoE from the connected switch
- Displays cable length, wire map, and distance to open or short
- Manage results and print reports from LinkWare™ PC
If you require any further information on these or any other Fluke Networks products that we stock, please do not hesitate to contact our team who will be only too happy to help.
Until next time…