Schneider Electric are famous for its reliable range of APC UPS systems. Alongside their wide range of UPS models, they also offer a wide range of UPS batteries that come in various sizes, shapes, and chemistries.
Schneider Electric is committed to providing products that meet all the required regulations, protocols, and standards, and their replacement battery packs are no exception.
It is important to understand when the battery pack has reached the end of its useful life. Most APC power protection devices use dealt lead acid batteries, all of which have a service life of around five years. If you have a lithium-ion battery base device the life span of your device will be significantly longer. It is important to check the lifespan of your specific device to ensure you replace your batteries in time.
Get the most out of your battery
Prior to the end of your battery life, make the most out of it by:
- Schedule battery replacements prior to the end of their lifespan
- Regardless of age, replace your batteries as soon as the Replace Battery indication appears
- When your UPS is no longer being used, remove and recycle the battery
- If your UPS has been out of service for longer than 12 months, replace the battery before use
- Replace the battery before the recommended life span if the UPS is normally loaded to less than 10% of the full load
- Use operational and storage recommendations to optimise battery life
- Always package and ship batteries properly to avoid damage
If a battery is releasing odours, swelling, cracking, or has lost a cap, it is damaged. When damaged, batteries can release hazardous chemicals and should be disposed of differently than normal. If you have a damaged battery, call us on 0800 488 0000 for assistance with special disposal.
When to replace
For further help on when is best to replace your APC battery, check out our blog on When To Replace Your APC UPS Battery.
For additional help or support with anything mentioned in this blog, or any other products that we stock, don’t hesitate to contact our team! Use our contact form to get in touch and our team will get back to you quickly with our expert knowledge!
This is just a brief look at the APC Range, if you require more Schneider Electric equipment for your business, you can check our Schneider Electric microsite for a wide range of APC products to suit your needs.
Other Schneider Electric products Available from Comms Express:
Server Racks & Accessories | NetBotz Security and Environmental Monitoring | Extended Warranty | Accessory Extended Warranty | Power Distribution Units | Uniterruptible Power Supply
If you require any further information on these or any other products that we stock here at Comms Express, please do not hesitate to contact our team who will be only too happy to help.
Until next time…