In the dynamic landscape of today’s technological world, power disruptions are not just an inconvenience; they can lead to data loss, system downtime, and potential business setbacks. That’s where Line Interactive UPS systems step in to offer a reliable shield against power fluctuations. In this blog post, we’ll delve into the world of Line Interactive UPS solutions, focusing on the exceptional offerings from Vertiv.
What is a Line-interactive UPS?
A Line-interactive UPS system uses automatic voltage regulation to correct any abnormal voltages without having to switch to a battery. When voltage crosses a low or high threshold value, this particular type of UPS will detect and use transformers to boost or lower the voltage by a set amount to return it to the right range. This type of UPS supplies the critical load through the bypass line and transfers it to the inverter in the event of a bypass supply failure. The battery, charger, and inverter power blocks are used in the same manner as an offline system, however, the added regulation circuits mean that the load is transferred to the battery-fed inverter supply less often. As a result, means that this type of system is slightly more efficient in running costs and battery wear than a basic offline UPS system.
Select the correct Line-Interactive UPS from Vertiv:
Vertiv, a trusted name in the world of power protection and management, offers a range of Line Interactive UPS solutions that prioritize reliability and performance. These UPS units are equipped with advanced features that ensure your devices remain safe, even in the face of unstable power conditions.
Below we introduce you to four incredible line UPS – that all currently have DOUBLE DATA POINTS!
- High output PF=0.9 to maximize available power and protect more equipment
- 1U, 2U, 3U, tower, rack/tower form factors, with power ratings from 500VA to 3000VA, to address a broad range of power requirements
- Color graphic LCD display
- Add up to 6 extended run battery cabinets to increase runtime
- “Green mode” operation: in battery mode with small loads, the UPS will automatically shut down to protect batteries, optimize energy savings
- Programmable outlets to disable non-critical loads, optimize battery runtime
- Smart fan speed control for lower audible noise
- RoHS and REACH compliant
- High efficiency, up to 98% in line mode, to deliver energy savings
- Advanced AVR protection with 2x boost and 1x buck tap to protect the battery by smoothing out spikes, sags and brownouts
- External battery cabinets with auto-detection
- Rack/tower 3kVA model with short depth for flexible installation
- Remote connectivity via network interface or serial connection to monitor power consumption and configure user-defined alert notifications to prevent downtime
- Input breaker device for additional protection to the load in worst case failures
- Extend battery life with deep discharge protection
The Vertiv™ EDGE-1000IRM1U comes in a 1U rack format and offers 1000VA/900W of backup power protection for server and networking equipment. Featuring a high 0.9 power factor, controllable outlets, and intuitive LCD screen, Vertiv EDGE is a simple, cost-effective choice for distributed and edge IT applications.
The Vertiv™ EDGE-1500IRT2UXL, in 2U rack and tower formats, offers 1500VA/1350W of backup power protection for server and networking equipment. Featuring a high 0.9 power factor, controllable outlets, and extended runtime cabinets, Vertiv EDGE is a cost-effective choice for distributed and edge IT applications.
So, there you have it. Vertiv’s amazing range of Line Interactive UPS solutions offer a reliable and cost-effective way to protect your valuable devices from power disruptions. Whether you’re working from home, running a small business, or managing a network setup, Vertiv’s UPS systems can provide the peace of mind you need.
Click here to see more about Vertiv – https://landing.comms-express.com/vertiv/
See you in the next blog!