Have you ever got to the office, or a meeting, and realised you’ve not quite got the ports available to connect all the devices you need at that one moment in time? We have. Working on a project that isn’t really suitable for cross-referencing multiple sources of data, and so leads to the need for multiple desktop monitors.
When we discussed the issue recently with IT connectivity provider ATEN, we soon found out that there is greater demand than we expected. Far more people are working on the move and then using the same workspace once they get to the office, which is great, until the screen you’re working on just doesn’t offer adequate conditions.
Extra Expansion Meets Flexibility And Style.
ATEN recently announced the latest addition to their armoury. The docking station.
With options available to suit both Mac and Windows, ATEN’s solution provides a simplified and productive workspace; offering the best docking stations for any budget.
To offer you a bit of insight, we’ve decided to single out the USB-C multiport dock – UH3234. Providing a power delivery pass-through of up to 60W with fast-charging capabilities, the UH3234 can connect up to 10 devices through a single USB-C cable. The UH3234 multiport dock boasts extra HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA, USB3.1 Gen1, SD/MMC/MicroSD memory card, Ethernet and audio connections.
Such a product needs to fit in discreetly and take up minimal space. ATEN fully support this and understand the intentions of those needing it most. With an aluminium casing, this lightweight docking station can be placed directly under a laptop for space saving; a 5-degree angle to help improve air circulation; low-profile assures that minimal desk space is taken up.
Enough Connections When You Need Them Most.
High-performance PC’s and notebooks such as the MacBook or Windows Ultrabook boast high-definition visuals and Gbps transfer speed. With the docking stations from ATEN, you’ll be able to support these advancements in your technology and strive for success in day to day with minimal impact, and far less stress. So, next time you run out of connections, consider the ultra sleek, extra expansion solution from ATEN.
The ultra-sleek ATEN USB-C Multiport Dock with Power Pass-Through is a one-step total upgrade for your laptop that provides all the extra expansion you need. Simply use one cable to add up to 10 devices with power delivery pass-through to boost your productivity with extra HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA, USB3.1 Gen1, SD/MMC/MicroSD, Ethernet and audio connections.
- Connects up to 10 devices instantly through a USB-C cable
- Provides Power Delivery Pass-through up to 60W after deduction of 15W used by the dock
- Supports 4K resolution on a single HDMI or DisplayPort display, and Dual 1080p on a DisplayPort and an HDMI or VGA monitor
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type A port supports Battery Charging Specification Revision 1.2 (BC 1.2) for Fast-Charging device
- Supports both Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) and USB 3.1 Gen2 (10Gbps) protocol through a single Thunderbolt 3 cable
- Connect up to 8 devices to a laptop via a single Thunderbolt 3 cable / can daisy-chain 5 additional Thunderbolt devices
- Supports 5K resolution on a single Thunderbolt 3 display or dual 4K resolution on one DisplayPort display and one USB-C / Thunderbolt 3 display
- 85W Universal Power Delivery for charging a Thunderbolt 3 laptop or Macbook pro ; supports 20V/4.25A, 15V/3A, 9V/3A and 5V/3A power specifiation for the output power
- Compatible with legacy Thunderbolt devices via adapter
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- Audio line-in and line-out
- OS Support: Windows 10 32/64 bit, and OS X Sierra 10.12 later
The US3310 is a 2-port USB-C Dock Switch with Power Pass-through that features the combination of a multiport dock, and allows one button switching between laptops and Android smart phones. Use only one set of display, keyboard, and mouse to seamlessly control two different systems, and save desk space. With the remote port selector, you can put it on the most convenient location or hide it under the desk to do the quick switch.
- Allows a USB-C laptop and an Android Smartphone to share one HDMI monitor and all connected USB peripherals
- Provides USB Power Delivery 3.0 for laptop charging up to 85W (additional USB-C Power Adapter needed)
- Supports 4K resolutions – up to 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz
- Supports Samsung DeX mode or Huawei Desktop mode
- Video DynaSync – allows EDID and HDCP monitors and computers to function fl awlessly, and provides fast switching such as continuous real-time switching
- Switch device via remote port selector by pressing a button
- Plug and play – no drivers needed
- Multiplatform support – Windows, Mac, Android & iPad Pro (2018)
The ATEN UH3233 is a USB-C Dual-HDMI Mini Dock which transforms your USB-C device to a dual monitor workstation. It’s compliant with the latest USB 3.1 Type-C specifications and supports dual display mode. The UH3233 can route video from the source device to two HDMI monitors, splitting the video transmission for a dual-view display via a single cable while maintaining a high quality resolution up to 1080p.
- USB 3.1 Gen1 compliant
- Connects a computer to two HDMI monitors with Dual-View output
- Supports 4K (UHD) resolutions via single display output
- Supports dual-display video output up to 1920 x 1080 simultaneously
- USB 3.1 Gen1 port with data transfer rates up to 5 Gbps
- Plug and Play – no drivers or external power adapter needed