The CN8000A Single Port KVM over IP provides access control through “over-IP” for conventional KVM switches that do not have built in over-IP functionality. It allows system operators to monitor and access computers
from remote locations using standard Web browsers or Windows and Java based application programs. The CN8000A connects to the Intranet either LAN or WAN simply by using an industry standard Cat 5e/6 cable, and is connected to a local KVM switch or server via a custom KVM cable.
The ATEN CN8000A uses the standard TCP/IP protocols for communications, it allows the connected server or KVM switch to be accessed from any computer over the internet – whether that computer is located down the hall, in other areas of the country or branch offices in other parts of the world.
A Windows Client Viewer and a Java Applet Viewer are available for browser access, which allows IP connection and login from anywhere over the internet. Inclusion of a Java-based client ensures that the CN8000A is an independent
platform, and is able to work with practically all operating systems including any mobile or PC device.
To meet advanced security requirements, the CN8000A’s Virtual Media function allows a Smart Card / CAC reader on a user’s local system to be mapped to a remote server. The CN8000A provides a fast, reliable and a cost effective way to remotely access and manage widely distributed multiple computer installations.
KVM over IP Switch
The new generation of ATEN CN8000A features superior video quality, Laptop USB Console for easier KVM access, and user-friendly local console OSD and virtual media function without additional cable.
• Laptop USB Console (LUC)
• Over-IP capability for legacy KVM switches
• Multi-Keyboard Language Support — On-Screen Keyboard
• External Authentication Support
• Ease-to-use user interface
• Virtual Remote Desktop
• Superior Video
• Configurable Network Bandwidth settings
• Mouse DynaSync
• Message Board
• Virtual Media
• Smart Card Reader
• High video resolution – up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz- 24 bit color depth for the local console; up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz with 24 bit color depth for remote sessions
• Provides over-IP capability to KVM switches that do not have built in over-IP functionality
• Supports PS/2,USB, Sun Legacy (13W3)2 and serial (RS-232) connectivity
• Supports multiplatform server environments
• Virtual Media Support
• Laptop USB Console (LUC) – A dedicated USB port directly connects to laptop for easy console operation
• Easy configuration through local console OSD
• Up to 64 user accounts – up to 32 users simultaneously share the control
• Serial console management – serial terminal access. Access the CN8000A via a built-in serial viewer, or via third party software (such as PuTTY) for Telnet and SSH sessions
• Local/Remote Share Mode to conveniently grant shared or exclusive console privilege
• Smart Card /CAC Reader Support
Check out the review of the ATEN CN8000A below…