Keyboard shortcuts are keys or combinations of keys that provide an alternate way to do something you’d typically do with a mouse.
Here are several common keyboard shortcuts:
- F2 (Windows)
- Return (Mac) couldn’t be any easier simply choose a new name for a file.
Toggle between programs:
- Alt + Tab (Windows)
- Command + Tab (Mac) is a must for multitaskers out there, this shortcut allows you to switch between apps.
Find a row in a spreadsheet:
- Shift + Space (Windows and Mac). Great way to find a row in a spreadsheet.
Paste as plain text:
- Ctrl + Shift + V (Windows)
- Command + Shift + V (Mac) is a great way of copying and pasting and only the text appears not the complete web page.
Windows 11 Shortcuts
- Copy: Ctrl + C
- Cut: Ctrl + X
- Paste: Ctrl + V
- Maximize Window: F11 or Windows logo key + Up arrow
- Open Task View: Windows logo key + Tab
- Display and hide the desktop: Windows logo key + D
- Switch between open apps: Alt + Tab
- Open the Quick Link menu: Windows logo key + X
- Lock your PC: Windows logo key + L
Depending on your hardware, you can use the Windows logo key + PrtScn to take a screenshot or use Fn + Windows logo key + Spacebar.
Until next time…