What is VoIP?
A VoIP, or voice over internet protocol, is a type of phone system that uses the internet rather than landlines. This allows users to bypass the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) to save money.
Rather than copper wires and traditional phone lines, all you need to use your VoIP is a service provider and high-speed internet.
What’s the difference between VoIP and Landlines?
Landlines work through the connection of copper wires, resulting in them needing to be hardwired to a physical location. VoIP uses the internet to connect calls and therefore isn’t bound to one specific location.
How does it work?
1. Your VoIP will connect to the internet in your LAN.
2. When you dial a number, your IP phone tells your VoIP provider who to call.
3. Your VoIP service provider establishes the call.
4. VoIP converts your voice into a compressed digital file to send to the caller on the other end.
5. Their VoIP connecter will convert their voice into a digital file and will send it back to you.
4. Your VoIP phone converts that digital file back into sound for you to hear.
Why choose VoIP?
Choosing VoIP over a traditional landline can come with many advantages
1. Lower cost – Many consumers and businesses have noticed significant savings in their phone bills using VoIP, come claiming savings of up to 60%!
2. High-quality sound – Say goodbye to muffled and fuzzy audio and enjoy clear, high-quality calls with your VoIP.
3. Call worldwide – International calls have always been expensive tasks, but by using VoIP your calls abroad will have significantly lower rates.
4. Business numbers for a remote team – As there is no physical location needed for your VoIP, you can use it wherever you are. This allows remote workers, or workers who travel a lot, to be able to take their business phone numbers wherever they go.
5. Advanced features – Additional features like auto attendants, call recording, and call queues are often included in your VoIP business phone service plan.
What VoIPs do we have available?
Edis specializes in creating audio-visual products for schools, colleges, universities, and corporate use. Their focus since the Covid-19 outbreak has been to develop their products for working from home, live streaming, and broadcast quality systems.
With 55 years of experience, Plantronics wide range of integrated solutions create the most focused and distraction-free envrionments possible. Their portfolio includes headsets, software, desk phones, audio and video conferencing, amongst others.
Yealink is a global leader of Unified Communication and Collaboration solutions. They specialise in video conferencing, voice communications, and collaboration, but all products help to improve your collaboration and productivity levels.
Contact Comms Express to enquire about available VoIP products