A powerful framework for managing compliance requirements and providing mobile-ready, secure email exchange
Today, email is the most widely used vehicle for distributing business data. Yet this communication poses a considerable risk for organisations of all sizes, as both small- to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and enterprises must protect their intellectual property and sensitive information from inappropriate distribution while also ensuring compliance with new laws governing the protection of confidential information.
Dell SonicWALL Email Compliance and Encryption subscription services work with the Dell SonicWALL Email Security solution to provide organisations of all sizes with a powerful framework for stopping email threats, managing compliance requirements and providing mobile-ready secure email exchange. Dell SonicWALL Email Security is available as an appliance, a virtual appliance, Windows Server® software, or a hosted service. The solution combines an award-winning, anti-spam engine with anti-phishing, anti-virus, content filtering and policy management.
Adding Email Compliance and Encryption subscription services to the Email Security solution enables organisations to meet both regulatory and corporate requirements. The joint solution enables organisations to identify email for compliance policy enforcement; apply multiple email governance policies; monitor and report on email traffic, and ensure the secure exchange of sensitive and confidential information.
- Record ID matching to easily search for predefined information
- Attachment scanning to stop the release of unauthorised information
- Predefined policies to achieve easy compliance
- Predefined dictionaries to ensure the protection of confidential information
- Approval boxes for scanning and approving emails before release
- Email encryption service to ensure the secure exchange of confidential information
- Email archiving for simplified record keeping
- Compliance reporting and monitoring
- Record ID matching — Searches for predefined social security numbers, bank routing numbers or credit card numbers. An easy-to-use, web-based UI enables custom record searches.
- Attachment scanning — Looks for content within document attachments, including Word, PowerPoint, PDF and more than 300 other file types to ensure that sensitive data is not distributed.
- Predefined policies — Set and enforce policies for common compliance setups.
- Predefined dictionaries — Enable organisations handling health or financial records to monitor for HIPAA, SOX or GLBA violations. When these dictionaries are used in conjunction with the Record ID
matching, they ensure the protection of confidential information.
- Approval boxes — Enable the viewing of email that potentially violates compliance policies before allowing it to be distributed outside the organisation
- Email Encryption — Securely routes email that matches a specific policy to an integrated, seamless cloud encryption server to ensure the secure exchange of email containing sensitive customer data
or confidential information.
- Email archiving — allows for inbound and outbound email archiving on the same server or appliances, for on-premise deployments. Additionally, organisations can route email that matches a specific policy to an external archive or hosted service.
- Compliance reporting — Enables organisations to monitor and report on compliance-related email traffic
Dell SonicWALL Email Security administrative interface
The Email Security administrative interface enables centralised management. This makes it easy to create inbound and outbound policies
for regulatory and corporate compliance on just one screen.
From a single screen, Dell SonicWALL Email Security allows the administrator to:
- Select the component of the email to be
searched and the attribute that indicates a
- Determine the enforcement action that
should be taken if the attribute is found.
- Choose the groups to which the policy
should be applied.
Email Encryption service
The Dell SonicWALL Email Encryption services provide integrated, a policy enforced and on-demand email encryption. With this service, policies may be configured to scan outbound email content and attachments for sensitive data and, if found, securely route sensitive email for encryption and secure exchange with customers and partners. Encrypted email can be tracked to confirm the time of receipt and time opened. A notification email is then delivered to the recipient’s inbox with easy-to-follow instructions to log on to a secure portal to read or securely download the email. The service is
cloud-based; no additional client software is required. Unlike competitive solutions, Dell SonicWALL subscription services allow encrypted email to be accessed and read from mobile devices
Dell SonicWALL Email Compliance and Encryption Service
Dell SonicWALL platforms supported:
All Dell SonicWALL Email Security appliances, Email Security software and Hosted
Email Security service.