AIMS 1u Environmental Monitor
Computer room and data centre environmental threats can cause more damage than hardware or software problems. Redundant hardware such as parallel UPS, generators and other fault-tolerant systems can be rendered useless if your data centre overheats or floods. Don’t ignore environmental threats – remotely manage them with the Advanced Integrated Monitoring System.
The AIMS monitors critical environmental conditions such as temperature, humidity, liquid presence, motion and intrusion. When a sensor goes out of range of a configurable threshold, the system can notify you via email, LEDs, alarm beacon, web page, network management (SNMP), voice dialer and SMS messages.
- Detect critical rises or drops in temperature, and receive notifications when heating problems occur.
- Detect abnormal humidity conditions. You define the humidity levels that are appropriate for each sensor’s environment.
- Detect the presence of water whether it’s a flash flood or leaking cooling system, a data centre is just about the last place you want to see water.
- Detect unauthorised access through door contact and PIR sensors.
- Monitor “dry-contact” devices including UPS, air conditioning systems, generators, fire panels and alarm systems.
Use in data centres, co-location sites, web hosting facilities, telecom switching rooms, POP sites, server cabinets, or any area that needs to be monitored.
- Live view of a facility from anywhere, anytime
- Monitor and manage server room environmental and security conditions over IP
- Up to eight users can access the unit concurrently over the web interface
- 1U rack mounted chassis (with wall mount option)
- Dual redundant power supplies with dual input and integrated battery backup
- Support for up to 24 sensors, 16 analogue/digital and 8 digital
- Most sensors can be up to 300m distant from the AIMS
- Web browser configuration interface
- External sensors to monitor temperature, humidity, water, intrusion, voltage and power
- Built in internal temperature, humidity, battery and incoming power sensors
- Interfaces with UPS, air conditioning systems, generators, fire panels, security cameras, etc.
- Able to monitor (ping) up to 64 IP network devices
- Generates alerts when defined limits exceeded or devices are not responding
- Alerts available via LEDs, sounder, beacon, email, SNMP, syslog, voice dialer and GSM SMS modem
- Four output relays for control of external device upon alert or user command
- Up to four units can be cascaded (directly or by Ethernet) to increase the number of monitored sensors
- Comprehensive event and data logging options
|Protocols Supported||HTTP, SNMP V1/V2c, SMTP, TCP/IP, Syslog, SNTP, DHCP, SSL|
|Configuration Methods||HTTP/HTTPS web page, Telnet or RS232 interface|
|Alert Mechanism||Email, SNMP Trap, Operator Panels LEDs, Vioce Dialler (optional), GSM SMS message (optional), Siren (optional), and/or Flashing Beacon (optional) when any monitored environmental condition exceeds a user specified range|
|Alert Logging||Message log accessible through the web user interface. The log can be downloaded as a tab delimited plain text file.|
|Alert Destinations||Maximum of 17 email addresses, SNMP addresses and/or mobile telephone numbers|
|Front Panel Indicators||System status, low battery, log file event, internal alert, external alert, power A health and power B health|
|SNMP Traps||Unique OID’s (Object Identifiers) for each sensor|
|Operating System Support||Supported by all major operating systems (requires Java Runtime Environment 1.5 or later)|
|Internal Sensors||Temperature sensor measures 0ºC to 40ºC (±0.75°C)
Humidity sensor 20% to 80% RH at between 0ºC to 40ºC (±5%)
Power Sensor detect AC present and battery voltage 0 to 20 VDC
|BAttery Backup||Internal rechargeable maintenance-free sealed lead-acid battery, back-up for approximately one hour|
|AC Power||Dual redundant power supplies with two IEC320/C14 inlets, auto-sensing 50-250VAC, 47-63Hz|
|Dimensions||440mm x 260mm x 44mm WxDxH (without ears|
|Temperature||Operating: 0°C to 38°C, Storage: -30°C to 60°C|
|Humidity||Operating and Storage 17 to 90% non-condensing RH|
|Regulatory Approvals||CE, RoHS|
AIMS 1u Environmental Monitor - Product Discussion
Terms & Conditions - This tool is open to everyone. You are responsible for the contents of your comments and any consequences that may arise as a result of them. Comments that contain any of the following will be deleted: terms considered explicit and inappropriate; defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, or offensive.