Gigabit Power, 10/100 Simplicity
Today's growing businesses are both placing more demands on and relying more on their network. Companies are putting more applications and demands on their Ethernet infrastructure. Using VoIP phones and IP cameras requires more than simple plug-and-play connectivity. Additionally, Internet-based applications such as Hotmail and Google Calendar have made keeping the network up a business-critical need. However, companies do not necessarily have more money or advanced training to deal with complex managed switches. The new NETGEAR ProSafe Plus Switches meet this growing need by providing easy-to-use visibility and limited configuration capabilities. To provide more insight into the network behaviour, ProSafe Plus Switches offer traffic monitoring for users to observe traffic behaviour. Additionally, if there are connectivity issues, these switches offer a cable diagnostic test capability that can identify and even locate problems in the cables. To optimise traffic through the switches, ProSafe Plus Switches offer both port and tag-based prioritisation to keep latency-sensitive traffic moving ahead of less critical packets. Also, as a means of improving security or managing collision domains, ProSafe Smart Switches offer VLAN technology. ProSafe Plus Switches offer these monitoring and configuration capabilities at a slight cost premium over unmanaged switches, delivering great value to the end-user.
Additionally, furthering the support NETGEAR's support of the environment, ProSafe Plus Switches have power-saving Green Ethernet technology. The GS105E switch comes in a sturdy metal case with a fan-less design for silent operation.
- Use as a plug-and-play switch or use the configuration utility for simple setup
- 5 ports deliver up to 2000 Mbps bi-directional bandwidth on each port
- Quality of Service (QoS) for prioritising network traffic
- Virtual LAN (VLAN) support for network segmentation and security
- Troubleshoot connection problem via cable test
- Bandwidth management to avoid network congestions
- Network traffic monitoring
- Port mirroring
- Broadcast storm control
- Up to 60% lower power consumption
- Auto power-down mode conserves energy when a port is not connected
- Less transmit power when the cable is short (under 10m)
- Packaging manufactured with at least 80% recycled material
Netgear GS105E - Product Discussion
Terms & Conditions - This tool is open to everyone. You are responsible for the contents of your comments and any consequences that may arise as a result of them. Comments that contain any of the following will be deleted: terms considered explicit and inappropriate; defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, or offensive.