Even if we do not readily admit it we all love a shortcut. Heating the dinner up in the microwave or taking the lift when we know it's only one floor and the stairs are better for us. Perhaps skipping the gym? We've all enjoyed an easier route in life just one or twice.
However when it comes to work and in particular working within the computer world a shortcut is nothing to feel guilty about. It's often essential in our ever increasing busy working days. The PC is part of nearly everyone's life now days. Either in work or at home we are using the PC or tablet or smartphone. So a few shortcuts to aid us along are only a good thing.
We have to say that a few of these computer shortcuts took us by surprise but being the jolly good people we are we thought it only right that we help you along with your busy lives with these shortcuts we should all know.
So with it being the season of goodwill we have put together a few great shortcuts for us.
- Select the address bar:
- Ctrl + L (Windows)
- Command + L (Mac)
Permanently delete a file:
- Shift + Delete (Windows)
- Command + Delete, Command + Shift + Delete (Mac)
Find a keyword:
- Ctrl + F (Windows)
- Command + F (Mac) and type in the word you're looking for - bingo!
Reopen closed tabs:
- Ctrl + Shift + T (Windows)
- Command + Shift + T (Mac) great for those accidentally closed windows!
Lock your computer:
- Win + L (Windows)
- Ctrl + Shift + Eject [Power] (Mac)never leave your computer open season for your colleagues to have fun with when your back is turned
- F2 (Windows)
- Return (Mac) couldn't be any easier simply choose a new name for a file.
Toggle between programs:
- Alt + Tab (Windows)
- Command + Tab (Mac) a must for multitaskers out there, this shortcut allows you to switch between apps.
Find a row in a spreadsheet:
- Shift + Space (Windows and Mac). Great way to find a row in a spreadsheet.
Paste as plain text:
- Ctrl + Shift + V (Windows)
- Command + Shift + V (Mac) a great way of copying and pasting and only the text appears not the complete web page.
So the above are just a few Shortcuts for you. Do you have anymore great ones you care to share? We would love to hear some of your favourite computer shortcuts; or that said maybe if you've got some life shortcuts you'd like to share with us. We're give to receive!!
Until next time.James Boyce