Recent government legislation has decreed that businesses are required to achieve a 30% reduction in their carbon emission by 2020. There is also the threat of rather large fines if our businesses do not reach the minimum requirements.
We all know of the simple solutions as to how we can limit our carbon footprints. Recycling, skip paper where possible, use green transport, walk when you can, use green fuels. As individuals, our options are endless. However we can also play our part in the work environment. The aforementioned ways as to how we can green our personal lives we can also take into our businesses. Not only will they be of benefit to our environment and future generations but also they’ll save money.
Another way of course of curtailing our carbon footprint is to keep an eye on your energy consumption. Again easy steps can be undertaken: switching off lights when not needed and of course electrical appliances such as computers.
The great news is there's also really simple ways to aid us in our green transformations. Here at Comms we have been working hard with our suppliers who have really shown us the way with some great innovations.
APC by Schneider Electric has set a standard that their products have ‘High Efficiency Green Mode’ which saves utility costs and reduces heat promoting longer component life.
APC are keen to highlight their green credentials of their products.
We have a great selection of Smart UPS all of which deliver essential power protection for business-critical servers and networking equipment. In case anybody isn't familiar with the term UPS let us explain.
During power surges and failures, UPS devices keep computer systems and IT equipment safe and operational. An uninterruptible power supply (UPS) provides battery backup power when the flow of electricity drops to an inadequate voltage, or if it stops. An uninterrupted power source is vital for the mission critical environment. Depending on the size and technology of the UPS unit, backup power is provided for a specific period of time, until generators can be activated or network components can be properly shut down. When electricity flows adequately, computers and accessories are protected from damage. A UPS unit can help to shield a single device or an entire data centre effectively.
APC fully understand that businesses cannot afford to any IT operational time and the critical need to protect their systems from power problems.
1. LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) Intuitive interface provides comprehensive status information at a glance.
2. Communication Ports USB and serial ports for UPS management.
3. 8 Surge and UPS Protected Outlets
4. Safety-agency approved Ensures the product has been tested and approved to national standards.
5. Battery disconnect Convenient way to disconnect battery for transport
6. Push Button Circuit Breaker enables quick recovery from overloads.
7. Pure Sine-Wave Output Simulates the utility when on battery for optimum device compatibility.
8. Advanced battery management Temperature compensated charging extends life of internal batteries.
9. High Efficiency Green Mode Saves utility costs and reduces heat promoting longer component life.
10. Network Grade Power Conditioning Automated voltage regulation, noise filtering and surge protection.
APC SMC1500I Smart-UPS C 1500VA
A 900w 1500va UPS designed for entry level servers and network equipment, it is compatible with today’s active power factor corrected (PFC) power supplies.
LCD Display Screen Comprehensive status at a glance
-On line -On battery
-Load graph -Battery charge graph
-Input & Output Voltage
-Load viewable in Watts, VA or %
-Output current and frequency
-Estimated on battery runtime
2. On Line/On Battery LED illuminates Green when UPS in on utility power, or will illuminate Orange when providing battery power.
3. On/Off button
4. System Fault LED Illuminates in the event of a system fault and displays error message.
5. Mute Button Used to silent the alarms
6. Display Button Steps through each measurement screen and provides the ability choose the default view.
So if you are looking to reduce your environmental impact, want the comfort of a three-year limited warranty as standard, and want to stay be sure and check out APC Smart UPS. If you need any further information be sure and contact us and one of our team will be happy to help.
Until next time Justin Ellis