First of all I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a happy and healthy new year! Sincerely hope that you have eased yourselves gently into 2016. This, our first blog of the new year, is and ideal time to introduce a new competition and our partners on this, Eaton.
Along with our friends at Eaton we are offering up three £100 Love2shop vouchers. As with all of our competitions entry is easy: you can Like our Facebook page and post the hashtag #CommsEaton and RT #CommsEaton and Follow us on Twitter, or of course increase your chances and enter via both of our social platforms!
We have enjoyed a long and fruitful relationship with Eaton. Working with them we have been able to deliver energy efficient power management with UPS, PDU's and much, much more.
Eaton are global leaders for their energy efficient and effective power management solutions. Supporting our customers to effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. A global technology leader, products are distributed in more than 175 countries. Their commitment to the market has seen us create and maintain powerful customer relationships built on a foundation of excellence. From the products we supply to the dedicated customer service and support, that we know is important for all installations.
Two, of the many Eaton products we have been proud to provide our Comms Express clients are the 5PX and the 9PX UPS.
5PX is a great solution to protect modern IT equipment, providing line-interactive backup power and scalable runtimes for servers, storage systems, VoIP gear and network equipment. With an easy to use LCD display, energy consumption metering down to the outlet group level, and up to 99% efficiency, the 5PX makes for a smart solution.
• Energy consumption metering down to the outlet group level
• Intuitive LCD screen displays all the information you need in one glance
• 5PX can provide up to 99% efficiency, reducing cooling and utility costs
• Delivered with Eaton's Intelligent Power Software compatible with all major OS including virtu-alization software
• 0.9 power factor to protect more servers from one UPS
• Protects you with a three-year warranty on electronics (2 years on batteries)
The 9PX range on the other hand is ideal for larger network protection. Whereas the 5PX will deliver the performance to help maintain a series of desktop PCs and equipment, it's the 9PX that should be discussed when considering any data centre, IT room and large infrastructures. Delivering double conversion protection with 40% less energy usage and 28% more power 9PX is the perfect UPS for IT and Facility managers that are concerned by energy cost and are looking for next generation power protection solutions.
•Online double conversion topology
• Energy efficient (up to 95% in Online mode, 98% in high-efficiency mode, ENERGY STAR (qualified UPS)
• Next-generation graphical LCD display (7 languages)
• Provides more real power (watts) to protect more equipment with a 0.9 power factor
• Parallel operation using HotSync technology
• Maintenance ByPass available as standard (on HotSwap/BP version)
• Energy metering - kWh values can be monitored using the LCD or Eaton's Intelligent Power Software Suite
• Compatible with Virtual environments (VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix Xen, Redhat)
Both offer: A lot of product for a great get a price: Excellent software suite: Expandable battery configuration. We all know that power problems, impurities and inconsistencies are a huge contributing factors with sensitive computer equipment. Power difficulties can damage hardware as well as files and data, and we are all too fully aware as to the financial ramifications resulting from any downtime.
We are huge fans of Eaton and their innovations and look forward to a fruitful future working together.
Remember to enter our #CommsEaton competition and you could be a recipient of one of three £100 Love2shop vouchers; the perfect antidote to blow away any January blues!
Until next time